Tuesday 15 May 2012

Homecoming

After three weeks travelling, I finally returned home to Achiase last week. It was strange, I never realised just how much I missed this place until my tro-tro pulled into town. Leaving here is going to be hard.

In other news, last week was supposed to be the final and definite return of my partner to Ghana. I know I haven't ever spoken about it properly on this blog, but after just three weeks at our placement my partner, Amy, was called back to Canada for a family emergency. Due to a mixture of airline strikes, bad weather and visa problems, she's been trying to return to Achiase for two months now. I was told on Tuesday that she had arrived in Accra, she was actually in the country, and on Wednesday she would definitely be here.

I still don't have a partner.

I'm beginning to think she was just a mass hallucination.

No comments:

Post a Comment