Wednesday 20 June 2012

Two Conversations

The first, a conversation between myself and Mr Adam S Manly, the last obrunis standing in Achiase.
Me: I found a scorpion in my toilet today. I'm not happy about this situation.
Adam: Oh, really? Was it black?
Me: Yes.
Adam: Was it African?
Me: Uh, probably.
Adam: Did it speak Twi?
Me: No, not really.
Adam: Was it big?
Me: No, it wasn't that big.
Adam: Are you sure it wasn't the Rev?
Me: I think if I walked into the toilet and found the Rev pretending to be a scorpion I'd have bigger problems right now.

And the second, between myself and 11 year old Olivia Boateng, who had a baby on her back at an inter-school athletics rally.
Me: Is that your brother, Olivia?
Olivia: No.
Me: Then whose baby is it?
Olivia: I don't know. Somebody gave me a baby and so now I have a baby.

Oh, Ghana. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha sounds like your day to day conversations are far more interesting and witty than mine!

    ReplyDelete